NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
FOLLOWING THE AUTHOR ENCOUNTER ON INSTAGRAM IS NOT NECESSARY TO WINNER. A FOLLOW DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who registrer at our webpage https://theauthorencounter.com/halloween-costume-contest through and who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. People younger than 18 years must have parent or guardian permission to enter. For animals you must be the legal owner or have the legal owners permission to registrar and participate. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of North America and is void where prohibited by law. People outside the USA must contact The Author Encounter by email at email@example.com for permission to enter. All costumes must have a literary theme from a book or book series fiction or nonfiction with a ISBN Number. All costumes and pictures posted must be appropriate to be post on Instagram(and use in a Family friendly contest) nothing that could be consider pornographic or from the erotica genre. Employees of The Author Encounter, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of The Author Encounter as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Saturday October 17, 2020 midnight 12:00am Central Time and ending Thursday October 29, 2020 ending midnight 12am Central Time. All online entries must be received by Thursday October 29, 2020 ending midnight 12am.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by Signing up for The Author Encounter Email list using the online form provided a https://theauthorencounter.com/halloween-costume-contest/ . The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Author Encounter. You may enter up to 3 different costume posts. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Author Encounter.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a 12 month subscription to Kindle unlimited retail value of up to$80 . Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by The Author Encounter. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at The Author Encounter discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Author Encounter to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by community vote under the supervision of The Author Encounter. Winner will be notified by email and any other means requested on the Registration form within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Author Encounter shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE AUTHOR ENCOUNTER‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that The Author Encounter, anyone acting on behalf of The Author Encounter, and The Author Encounter’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Author Encounter. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Author Encounter from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which The Author Encounter may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: The Author Encounter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The Author Encounter’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such a case, The Author Encounter may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Author Encounter. The Author Encounter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Author Encounter has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Author Encounter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Author Encounter and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in HOUSTON,TX having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Campaign hosted by The Author Encounter is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
- You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.